8 September 2023
7.50pm (AEST) – NRL – Qualifying Final – Brisbane v Melbourne – Brisbane
7.50pm (AEST) – AFL – First Elimination Final – Carlton v Sydney – Richmond
Start of 2023 Women in Media National Conference – Sydney (until 9 September)
World Physical Therapy Day
World EV Day
Rugby World Cup begins – France
Birthdays for Bernie Sanders (1941), James Packer (1967), Martin Freeman (1971) and Pink (1979)
• the unveiling of Michelangelo’s David statue in Florence (1504)
• 3M selling its first roll of Scotch tape (1930)
• the start of the Siege of Leningrad by German troops during WWII (1941)
• the premiere of Alfred Hitchcock’s Psycho (1960) and Star Trek (1966)
• the first national broadcast of The Oprah Winfrey Show in the US (1986)
• the release of Kylie Minogue’s biggest hit Can’t Get You Out Of My Head (2001)
• the death of Queen Elizabeth II (2022)
Know someone who'd be interested in this story? Click to share...
The Squiz Today
Your shortcut to being informed, we've got your news needs covered.
Also Making News
Get the Squiz Today newsletter
Quick, agenda-free news that doesn't take itself too seriously. Get on it.