Squiz Media Editorial Standard
Established in 2016, and remaining entirely independent, Squiz Media’s mission is to be a shortcut to being informed for busy Australians. Our newsletter and podcast content aim to cover the important news of the day by breaking down complex information in a way that gives more people access to the news.
Our commitment to agenda-free news products is paramount. Each Squiz Media story undergoes rigorous processes, editorial review, and in-house editing. We focus on:
- Precision and Clarity:
- Ensure accuracy and distinguish factual material from opinion.
- Present factual information with fairness and balance.
- Correct significant inaccuracies or misleading content promptly.
- Privacy and Avoidance of Harm:
- Respect individuals’ privacy.
- Avoid causing substantial offenc, distress, or harm.
- Integrity and Transparency:
- Refrain from using deceptive or unfair means to gather material.
- Disclose and avoid conflicts of interest, ensuring they don’t affect our content.
Branded Content: Squiz Media collaborates with brands of genuine interest to our readers/listeners. All branded content is clearly marked for transparency. Social media posts adhere to platform requirements, clearly labelling partnerships.
Affiliate Links: From time to time, we will feather a product, service or business recommended by our team. Some articles may include affiliate links with a clear disclosure
Copyright: We prioritise original content, obtaining necessary permissions and making royalty payments when featuring media created by third parties.
Complaints: To file a complaint, please contact us at [email protected].
Complaints Process: Upon receiving a complaint, a Squiz Media staff member will gather relevant details. The Publisher determines whether further action is warranted. All complainants are informed of this decision and the final outcome.
Get the Squiz Today newsletter
It's a quick read and doesn't take itself too seriously. Get on it.