2 November 2023
The 2023 Economic and Social Outlook Conference begins – Melbourne
Company shareholder meeting – Star Entertainment
ABS Data Release – International Trade in Goods, September; Lending Indicators, September
Day of the Dead – Mexico
A birthday for David Schwimmer (1966)
• the birthday of Marie Antionette (1755)
• the first publication of women’s fashion magazine Harper’s Bazaar (1867)
• the start of cheerleading in the United States as Johnny Campbell leads the crowd cheering on the football team at the University of Minnesota (1898)
• Democrat Jimmy Carter elected President of the United States (1976)
• the start of ‘The Great Emu War’ when Aussie soldiers were engaged to cull crop-destroying emus in WA (1932)
• the release The Godfather (1972)
Know someone who'd be interested in this story? Click to share...
The Squiz Today
Your shortcut to being informed, we've got your news needs covered.
Also Making News
Get the Squiz Today newsletter
Quick, agenda-free news that doesn't take itself too seriously. Get on it.