Squiz the Day – 28 June 2021
Treasurer Josh Frydenberg releases the Intergenerational Report
Shayna Jack’s swimming ban appeal to be heard by the Court of Arbitration for Sport
Tennis – Wimbledon Championships begin – London (until 11 July)
SHOUT AWAY ITS CAPS LOCK DAY
Birthdays for Mel Brooks (1926), Kathy Bates (1948), John Cusack (1966) and Elon Musk (1971)
• Catherine the Great declaring herself sovereign ruler of Russia (1762)
• the coronation of Queen Victoria in Westminster Abbey (1838)
• the patenting of the saxophone by Antoine-Joseph “Adolfe” Sax (1846)
• the last stand of the Kelly Gang at Glenrowan (1880)
• the assassination of Franz Ferdinand, Archduke of Austria (1914)
• the signing of the Treaty of Versailles, ending WWI and establishing the League of Nations (1919)
• the start of the Stonewall Riots (lasting three days) in Greenwich Village, New York (1969)
Know someone who'd be interested in this story? Click to share...
The Squiz Today
Your shortcut to being informed, we've got your news needs covered.
Also Making News
Get the Squiz Today newsletter
Quick, agenda-free news that doesn't take itself too seriously. Get on it.