Sue Cato’s Coconut Sorbet
This is one of Sue’s dinner party dazzlers. And with the weather warming up, it sounds pretty great. This recipe makes 6 cups.
1 cups water
1 cups granulated sugar
1 whole vanilla bean, halved and seeds scraped
2 cans (13.5 ounces each) unsweetened coconut milk
– Combine the water, sugar, vanilla bean (including the pod) and salt in a medium saucepan set over medium-low heat.
– Bring mixture just to a boil and then remove from heat.
– Let mixture steep for 1 hour; strain (discarding pod).
– Add the coconut milk to the strained mixture. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
– Turn on your ice cream maker; pour the mixture into the frozen freezer bowl and let mix until thickened, about 15 to 20 minutes.
– The sorbet will have a soft, creamy texture. If a firmer consistency is desired, transfer the sorbet to an airtight container and place in freezer for about 2 hours.
– Remove from freezer about 15 minutes before serving.
Get the Squiz Today newsletter
It's a quick read and doesn't take itself too seriously. Get on it.