Squiz Quiz – 21 January 2022
1. What was the name of the undersea volcano that erupted in Tonga last weekend?
Volcanic ash rained down on Tonga, making the country look like a moonscape.
2. The force of that blast was absolutely massive… What do seismologists say it was akin to?
Sonic booms could be heard from the explosion, and more eruptions are expected in the coming days.
3. Which mining magnate has announced that they’re going to run for the Federal Senate at the next election?
He says he's having another run at politics because of “the state of the nation” and concerns about national debt.
4. What’s the name of the Indian cricket captain who resigned from the role this week?
In a sport-obsessed country like India, it’s gotta be one of the toughest jobs going…
5. What was the name of Boris Johnson’s advisor who claimed the UK PM was warned about the hazards of attending a drinks party during lockdown in May 2020?
The pressure is growing on Johnson to resign over the scandal.
6. Last week we brought you the story of a man who received a transplant from a modified pig’s heart. What was the twist in the story this week?
More than 106,000 Americans are on the national list for organ transplants and 17 people each day die waiting.
7. The Victorian hospital system issued a “Code Brown” alert this week due to extreme pressure from COVID. What does this colour-coding system allow the Government to do?
The head of Victoria’s peak body for public hospitals said February could be the most challenging period healthcare workers will ever face.
8. The Guardian Australia is on the hunt for Australia’s best public toilet. According to travel blogger Marion Halliday aka Red Nomad, what are the two things that make a public loo memorable?
This one goes out to all Squizzers who are taking driving holidays this summer.
9. Which technology company has struck a deal with gaming giant Activision Blizzard for $68 billion?
If approved by regulators, it’ll make this company the 3rd largest gaming company in the world.
10. What has been actress Cate Blanchett's biggest problem with home schooling during COVID?
Well, when you're one of the world's leading actresses...
Share your Results:
Get the Squiz Today newsletter
It's a quick read and doesn't take itself too seriously. Get on it.