Squiz Quiz – 1 October 2021
1. Why did Nationals Party MP Darren Chester say he will “take a break” from the party?
Tensions are high over the adoption of more ambitious emissions reduction targets.
2. “Blundering and deceitful” is how former PM Malcolm Turnbull described PM Scott Morrison’s decision to do what?
Turnbull has spoken to French President Emmanuel Macron - Morrison not so much…
3. Treasurer Josh Frydenberg this week hinted at a reining in of home loans. Why?
This time around, reports say we’re likely to see debt-to-income ratios that’ll make it harder for Aussies to get large loans.
4. Which country this week legalised same-sex marriage?
The others mentioned do not allow same-sex marriage FYI.
5. The Melbourne Demons won the AFL premiership last weekend, beating the Western Bulldogs by 74 points. How long had it been since they were winners?
And fans were pretty pumped…
6. Which NRL star won the Dally M Medal - the league’s best and fairest of 2021?
Go Tommy Turbo...
7. Name the Aussie journo who won an Emmy this week for a 2020 interview with then-US President Donald Trump.
His famous dad was pretty proud.
8. Speaking of winning, which musical took home mega gongs at this week’s Tony Awards?
It won 10 awards, including the prestigious Best Musical gong. C’mon Aussie...
9. What sort of furry financier is forging a reputation in cryptocurrency trading?
His name is Mr Goxx and he has his own office. As he should...
10. How did a South Australian Nirvana fan pay homage to the band’s debut album 'Nevermind' on its 30th birthday?
It took him 8 hours and he listened to the album the entire time.
Share your Results:
Get the Squiz Today newsletter
It's a quick read and doesn't take itself too seriously. Get on it.