Squiz Quiz – 10 December 2021
1. The Victorian Ombudsman Deborah Glass said the state government’s handling of border restrictions during the last COVID-19 wave was what?
Yep, she was scathing…
2. Presidents Joe Biden and Vladimir Putin talked via video conference this week. What was the topic of conversation?
Observers said it was a frank exchange, but the issue is far from resolved.
3. Which world leader was found guilty of breaching COVID protocols this week?
This follows the military coup in February, and critics say she will be found guilty of more political motivate charges that would see her out of the public eye for the rest of her life.
4. Members of which minority group are taking legal action against Meta (aka Facebook) for allowing the spread of hate speech on its platform?
It’s been touted as a landmark case.
5. Former NSW Premier Gladys Berejiklian is being encouraged to run in which former PM’s seat?
PM Scott Morrison called it an “opportunity” this week, but the jury’s out on whether she’s interested.
6. The HILDA study found who is doing most of the chores at home?
Hold the press amirite…
7. Why is the cost of fish and chips set to increase?
Great for Aussie farmers who had a good harvest of canola though…
8. What’s going to make the coming summer a super season for mozzies?
Don’t you love the word ‘moist’...
9. Which political speech was inducted into the National Film and Sound Archive's (NFSA) Sounds of Australia archive this week?
To qualify, the sound has to be at least 10 years old and super noteworthy.
10. Prince William has talked about how he came to be on stage with Taylor Swift and Jon Bon Jovi singing ‘Livin’ On A Prayer’ at a charity do in 2013. How did Swifty convince him to do it?
It was his most cringeworthy moment, he said.
Share your Results:
Get the Squiz Today newsletter
It's a quick read and doesn't take itself too seriously. Get on it.