Squiz Quiz – 10 September 2021
1. Which Aussie singer this week released an apology video after backing the entertainment industry’s #VaxTheNation campaign?
He said the post was made from his account without his knowledge and while he supports vaccination, he didn’t want to tell people what to do.
2. Last week a 32yo Sri Lankan refugee wounded 7 people in a terrorist attack in Auckland. Why were authorities monitoring him prior to the attack?
Police couldn’t detain him. New Zealand’s counter-terrorism laws are due to be overhauled.
3. It was confirmed this week that the new Taliban government in Afghanistan will ban women from doing what?
They might expose their faces and bodies, a spokesman said.
4. Why were the British royal family back in the spotlight this week?
An investigation is underway into claims he secured a Queen’s honour for a major donor.
5. Billionaire Jeff Bezos is said to have invested in a Silicon Valley start-up that aims to do what?
Altos Labs has raised US$270 million to attract/fund the work of the very best biological science minds.
6. What historic ‘first’ was made at the US Open this week?
The US Open began in 1881 - so just a 140-year stretch…
7. Fans lined up for the highly-anticipated 3rd novel from which author this week?
The book is called ‘Beautiful World, Where Are You’.
8. The COVID-driven tourist drought in Bali means fewer treats for the country’s monkeys. What are the cheeky primates doing to find a new source of food?
The remedy: locals have been encouraged to set aside time to play with and feed their tormentors.
9. The hairy-nosed wombat has hit what milestone?
Good on you, Fatso...
10. AJ Elfalak, a 3yo boy who was missing for 3 days, feasted on what when he was recovered from a gully on his family’s property in the NSW Hunter Valley?
His family was very happy about his safe return.
Share your Results:
Get the Squiz Today newsletter
It's a quick read and doesn't take itself too seriously. Get on it.