Squiz Quiz – 13 May 2022
1. The 2nd debate between PM Scott Morrison and Labor leader Anthony Albanese on Sunday was criticised for being too what?
The final debate on Wednesday night was a significantly more sedate affair.
2. Chris Dawson is standing trial for the murder of his wife Lyn in 1982. What was the name of the podcast which covered the story?
The murder trial is set down for 2 months.
3. A new report found the Great Barrier Reef was affected by another mass bleaching event last summer. How many bleaching events have now been recorded there?
The bleaching last summer was the first to be recorded during a La Niña weather event.
4. What’s the name of the bikie gang that was at the centre of a brazen shooting murder at a Sydney gym?
Tarek Zahed survived the attack but his brother Omar died at the scene.
5. What is the nickname of incoming Philippines President Ferdinand Marcos Jr?
His victory marks a return of the Marcos family to Filipino politics.
6. Which country is on the brink of full blown civil unrest due to its worsening economic crisis?
PM Mahinda Rajapaksa resigned after months of protests but protesters are calling on his brother, President Gotabaya, to resign.
7. Which horse surprised the field to win the 148th Kentucky Derby?
It came home with odds of 80-1, so some had a big pay day...
8. Apple announced it will be discontinuing the iPod this week. What year was it first released?
The tech giant said the portable music device has essentially been made redundant by new devices like iPhones.
9. What colour carpet did the Eurovision Song Contest use for its opening ceremony?
Aussie Sheldon Riley stood out in an all-white ensemble complete with bedazzled corset.
10. Which actor will play the new Doctor in the long-running British series 'Doctor Who'?
He will be taking the reigns from actor Jodie Whittaker, the first female Doctor.
Share your Results:
Get the Squiz Today newsletter
It's a quick read and doesn't take itself too seriously. Get on it.