Squiz Quiz – 15 July 2022
1. Sri Lanka’s President Gotabaya Rajapaksa and PM Ranil Wickremesinghe did what following big protests in Colombo last weekend?
Wickremesinghe has been appointed Acting President after Rajapaksa fled the country hours before he was due to step down.
2. Which Pacific Island nation withdrew from the Pacific Islands Forum this week?
The dispute centres around concerns the organisation hasn’t addressed issues of “equity, equality and inclusiveness”.
3. Speaking of the PIF, PM Anthony Albanese was greeted by Solomon Islands PM Manasseh Sogavare with what?
"Ahhh, I need a hug!" PM Sogavare said as the pair embraced. Aww…
4. Which Aussie state/territory recorded the biggest loss of residents in 2021?
Almost 500,000 people moved interstate in 2021 - a 20% increase on the previous record set in 2002.
5. Which tech giant has Netflix teamed up with to offer a cheaper subscription plan with ads?
Netflix has long resisted ads as a moneymaker, but it was forced to reconsider due to a drop in subscribers, cost of living pressures and more competition.
6. Serbian Novak Djokovic beat Aussie Nick Kyrgios in the Wimbledon men’s singles final. How many grand slam titles has he now won?
The players had a lot of love for each other after the match, with Djokovic saying their relationship was “officially a bromance”.
7. What’s the most common tattoo to get the laser treatment in Oz, according to tattoo removal experts Removery?
Other common designs getting lasered off include the infinity symbol, angel wings and foreign writing and phrases.
8. What is German supermarket chain Aldi opening in Sydney this week?
Attendees will be treated to a selection of wine and cheese for just $4.41. What a bargain…
9. The Italian town of Sorrento is cracking down on what tourist behaviour?
Those caught breaking the rules will be fined between €25-500.
10. Which TV show received the most nominations for the 2022 Emmy Awards?
The winners will be announced on 12 September.
Share your Results:
Get the Squiz Today newsletter
It's a quick read and doesn't take itself too seriously. Get on it.