Squiz Quiz – 16 July 2021
1. Prime Minister Abiy Ahmed won an election in which country this week?
Opposition parties are calling foul, but he's claimed the win by a whopping margin...
2. South Korea has reached u201cmaximum crisis levelu201d thanks to COVID, and one restriction made international headlines. What was it?
Anything with a tempo higher than 120 beats per minute is out.
3. Billionaire Sir Richard Branson became an astronaut this week. Which rich kid is next in line to head into space?
Bezos plans on riding his own Blue Origin rocket for a similar trip on 20 July.
4. Speaking of high-profile billionaires, why was Elon Musk in the news this week?
It's been another big week for Musk...
5. Also getting airtime this week was former Aussie PM Kevin Rudd. Why?
The Morrison Government said he had no impact on their successful negotiations to do just that...
6. Authorities made a public appeal for information on which historical case?
Bradley Murdoch was convicted of his murder, but his body has not been found.
7. Which movie has had the biggest opening weekend since the start of the pandemic?
It's the latest blockbuster in the Marvel franchise.
8. Queensland reclaimed some state pride by winning the final NRL State of Origin game this week. Who was named man of the series?
They call him Tommy Turbou2026
9. Lockdown will continue until at least 30 July for those in Greater Sydney and surrounds. But there was some good news this week, which wasu2026?
Scientists have used 'molecular scissors' to stop the virus replicating in infected human cells. How good's science?
10. An unopened copy of a video game sold this week for a record $2.08 million. What game was it?
Bet you wish you kept that plastic cover onu2026
Share your Results:
Get the Squiz Today newsletter
It's a quick read and doesn't take itself too seriously. Get on it.