Squiz Quiz – 17 December 2021
1. Australia hosted a foreign leader this week - name, please?
The South Korean President was here to take defence and security, and we’ve inked a $1 billion agreement with their defence giant Hanwha.
2. From this week, you're eligible for your COVID booster shot how long after your second shot?
The rising Omicron strain saw officials bring it forward a month.
3. Former US President Donald Trump's chief-of-staff Mark Meadows' text messages on 6 January revealed what?
Meadows has been charged by the Congressional committee looking into what happened on 6 January because he's stopped cooperating.
4. Who won Formula 1's Abu Dhabi Grand Prix?
Hamilton was cut agonisingly short of winning his 8th championship after a chaotic end to the season decider, and a challenge to Verstappen's win could still be on the cards.
5. What job did Russian President Vladimir Putin do to make ends meet after the collapse of the Soviet Union?
"It's unpleasant to talk about, to be honest," he said this week.
6. Fancy exercise equipment company Peloton were in the news this week for that reason?
Please select 4 correct answers
It's been quite a ride...
7. Which car manufacturer this week said it's doubling down on its electric vehicle ambitions?
“We can leave a beautiful planet and bring about many smiles for the future generation,” company’s president Akio Toyoda said.
8. Spain’s youngest bishop was relieved of his duties this week - why?
That would do it...
9. Why was Jane Campion's new movie 'The Power of the Dog' in the news this week?
Go you good thing...
10. A South African family found what in their Christmas tree this week?
Talk about Christmas yells...
Get the Squiz Today newsletter
It's a quick read and doesn't take itself too seriously. Get on it.