Squiz Quiz – 17 September 2021
1. Rising Aussie tech startup Canva’s valuation reached $54.6 billion this week. What did co-founders Mel Perkins and Cliff Obrecht say they would do with their stake?
Reports say they own about 30% of the company, so their stake is worth approx $16.5 billion.
2. Which industry did government economists say is in for a record year in terms of the value of production?
It’s expected to produce/sell a record $73 billion in food and fibre this financial year.
3. What do officials believe is behind Victoria’s daily increase in COVID cases?
Cases are growing at about twice the rate of NSW at a similar stage of the outbreak.
4. Why has Haiti’s PM Ariel Henry been banned from leaving the country?
Phone records showed Henry received phone calls from a key suspect in Moïse’s killing soon after it happened.
5. An all-civilian crew have set off on a 3-day orbit of Earth in a spaceship from what billionaire’s company?
Their trip to space is significantly longer than the few minutes Bezos and Branson spent up there.
6. Rugby star Quade Cooper has represented Australia 71 times but was knocked back for citizenship 4 times. What rule will change to see him become an official Aussie?
Kicking a game-winning goal for the Wallabies last weekend could have helped…
7. Novak Djokovic fell short of a calendar-year-Grand-Slam after losing the US Open final to Daniil Medvedev. Who was the last male tennis player to do it?
The Aussie joined the exclusive club in 1969.
8. Aussie Dylan Alcott did make history at the US Open... Who did he beat to win a Golden Slam?
9. Adelaidean Daniel Scali broke the world record for holding what position for 9.5 hours and 1 second?
What a planker…
10. A comic book featuring the first mention of what superhero has become the world’s most expensive?
It sold for almost $4.9 million…
Share your Results:
Get the Squiz Today newsletter
It's a quick read and doesn't take itself too seriously. Get on it.