Squiz Quiz – 19 November 2021
1. Renewed search efforts for missing boy William Tyrrell led Aussie news this week. How was he dressed just before he disappeared?
Those images have been reexamined by police, and led to them questioning his foster parents' story about what happened to him.
2. What’s notable about the current COVID outbreak in the Northern Territory?
There’s a lot of concern about this one…
3. Presidents Xi Jinping and Joe Biden met virtually this week and decided to do what?
No announcements came from the talks, but analysts say it’s good the big cheeses are meeting.
4. What’s the name of the agreement that came out of the COP26 climate summit?
It’s not the far-reaching, ambitious thing some hoped for…
5. Why is Belarus back in the news?
Lukashenko’s regime is accused of flying in migrants from countries like Iraq, Syria and Yemen, and pushing them to the borders with Poland, Lithuania and Latvia - simply to create havoc.
6. Which colour in the French flag has President Emmanuel Macron fiddled with?
He’s brought back the navy blue…
7. Australia’s men’s T20 cricket team won the World Cup this week. Who did we beat?
8. When are the next Olympic Games?
They’re the Winter Games, and are calls for a boycott over China’s human rights record.
9. A new study found grandmothers feel what towards their grandchildren?
They feel what their grandkids feel, whereas it’s not that way with their own kids…
10. What is the word of the year, according to the Australian National Dictionary Centre?
There were plenty of shrugging lady emojis on that one…
Share your Results:
Get the Squiz Today newsletter
It's a quick read and doesn't take itself too seriously. Get on it.