Squiz Quiz – 24 September 2021
1. An earthquake was detected near Mansfield, Victoria on Wednesday morning. Oz doesn’t see many quakes over magnitude-5, which raises the question - where was Australia’s deadliest earthquake recorded?
It happened in Newcastle in 1989, and 13 people died.
2. Why did Industry, Science and Technology Minister Christian Porter resign this week?
Energy Minister Angus Taylor will act in Porter’s portfolios for now.
3. How did France respond to Australia’s decision to scrap a $90 billion submarine deal with the country’s Naval Group?
France ain’t happy about being cut out of the picture.
4. Canadian PM Justin Trudeau won Monday’s national/early election. So why are experts saying he is back to “square one”?
The whole idea was to shake off minority government, but it didn’t work out that way…
5. Cases of what are expected to double by 2058?
Bring on those treatments/cures...
6. What Christmas favourite is expected to be in short supply come December?
Merry Christmas indeed...
7. Which famous sports star has announced their candidacy for president in their home country?
He’s a former boxing world champ/senator from the Philippines.
8. Who was named the AFL’s Brownlow Medallist for 2021?
He's the first player from Port Adelaide to win it.
9. Which royal gave birth to her first child this week?
The Queen has “been informed”. That’s warm...
10. What series took home the dramatic acting awards at the 73rd Emmy Awards?
Talk about a royal flush...
Share your Results:
Get the Squiz Today newsletter
It's a quick read and doesn't take itself too seriously. Get on it.