Squiz Quiz – 27 August 2021
1. How do European Union officials plan on preventing Afghan refugees and migrants fleeing to Europe?
The theory goes that people will stay put if there is food and medical supplies available in their home regions.
2. Malaysia swore in Ismail Sabri Yaakob as the country's new PM this week. Why was it notable?
The United Malays National Organization (UMNO) was in power for over 60 years before losing an election in 2018.
3. Which French cultural icon will be memorialised at the Pantheon mausoleum in Paris?
She'll be the 6th woman and the first black woman to receive the nation's highest honour.
4. Which Aussie company's ad became a top-trending video on Youtube this week?
It promoted vaccination as the way out of lockdown and eventually travelling overseas.
5. After 30 years, billionaire businessman Kerry Stokes this week stepped down as the executive chairman of Seven Group Holdings. What does the conglomerate invest in?
They call that a diverse portfolio...
6. Australia sent our largest Paralympic team to Tokyo this week. How many sports are the 179 athletes competing in?
That's out of 22 sports in total. Let's do this!
7. Which city is the backup location for this year's AFL grand final?
It's usually held at Melbourne's MCG but COVID could see it relocated for the 2nd year in a row...
8. This week, Olympic champion Elaine Thompson-Herah clocked the 2nd-fastest women's time in what race?
The Jamaican did the dash in 10.54 seconds - just short of Florence Griffith-Joyner's 10.49 second record from 1988.
9. Why do experts believe magpie attacks could increase this year?
10. Which reptile was thought to be a strict herbivore before it was caught hunting and eating a baby bird?
So much for being a 'gentle giant'
Share your Results:
Get the Squiz Today newsletter
It's a quick read and doesn't take itself too seriously. Get on it.