Squiz Quiz – 27 May 2022
1. Which Chinese leader congratulated PM Albanese on winning the election?
The statement was seen as a thawing of Oz-China relations.
2. Former Treasurer Josh Frydenberg lost which safe Liberal seat to ‘Teal’ opponent Dr Monique Ryan?
Peter Dutton is likely to take over as Opposition Leader in the next fortnight.
3. Actor/singer Craig McLachlan abandoned his defamation trial this week. In which stage production was he accused of harassing female colleagues?
McLachlan was ordered to pay defendants' costs - which could be as much as $3 million.
4. Which Aussie businessman featured on Time Magazine’s 100 Most Influential People list?
The Atlassian co-founder was praised for redefining the role of climate activism in business and investment.
5. What was the name of the UK civil servant who conducted an inquiry into government parties that breached lockdown orders?
The report concluded that a “culture” of rule-breaking started in the PM’s office.
6. A shortage of which foodstuff is causing a crisis in France?
A combination of severe drought in Canada, poor harvests in France and the war in Ukraine have left shelves bare of the popular condiment.
7. A new study has found 11% of heart disease cases could be prevented if people reduced their TV watching to how much each day?
The trend held up across all ages and genetic risk of disease.
8. Which pop star opened up about having Tourette’s syndrome this week?
She said most of her tics have subsided since she was diagnosed at 11yo.
9. Which bestselling author unsuccessfully attempted to burn one of her own books?
It was to promote a one-of-a-kind, burnproof edition of ‘The Handmaid’s Tale’ that will be auctioned off to raise funds for an organisation that promotes free speech.
10. Which animals were allowed to roam free on Japan’s iconic bullet trains last weekend?
Train commuters said having their animals onboard made the journey pass more quickly.
Share your Results:
Get the Squiz Today newsletter
It's a quick read and doesn't take itself too seriously. Get on it.