Squiz Quiz – 6 August 2021
1. Which buy now, pay later business is set to be scooped up by US tech giant Square for $39 billion?
Not bad for a company that's never made a profitu2026
2. This week, the Federal Government released the data that will guide Australia's way out of lockdowns and border restrictions. What did it say should be the new priority?
According to the modelling, young adults are the u201cpeak spreadersu201d.
3. The United States got cozy with which country this week to collaborate on economic and security matters?
The Biden administration is connecting with nations in the Indo-Pacific to counter a rising China.
4. Belarusian sprinter Krystsina Tsimanouskaya took refuge in which country's embassy in Tokyo over fears she would be arrested upon her return home to Belarus?
She was due to compete in the women's 200m heats at the Olympics but was kidnapped and taken to the airport by Belarusian Olympic officials.
5. Which Aussie athlete finished up with the most gold medals at the Tokyo Olympic Games?
She claimed 7 medals in total from these Olympics - an Olympic record leveller.
6. Scarlett Johansson is suing Disney for streaming her latest film at the same time as its cinema release. What's the film's name?
She says she has been deprived of box office bonuses.
7. What song has the best music video of all time, according to Rolling Stone?
The mag says it marked her as one of the most important artists of all time for her portrayal of the lives of black people in America.
8. Which musical wave-maker is now the richest woman in music?
Forbes says the bulk of her US$1.7 billion wealth comes from her Fenty Beauty cosmetics company.rn
9. A new study this week found that people who are more open to trying new foods are more what?
You are what you eatu2026
10. A slice of whose wedding cake is heading to auction?rn
It's 40yo but has been kept in plastic wrap in an old cake tin. Deliciousu...
Share your Results:
Get the Squiz Today newsletter
It's a quick read and doesn't take itself too seriously. Get on it.