Squiz Quiz – 7 October 2021
1. In a major medical breakthrough, the World Health Organisation said a malaria vaccine will be rolled out to kids living where?
It's a moment 100 years in the making, the WHO said.
2. What notable COVID vaccination target was reached this week?
We're getting there...
3. China and Taiwan had a flare up this week over what?
4. Japan's new PM Fumio Kishida made what surprise move on day one?
A poll will be held at the end of October.
5. What's the name of the huge leak of financial documents that left some rich and famous people red-faced this week?
It has to do with the setting up of offshore companies to hide assets. Sneaky...
6. What was behind Facebook, Instagram and WhatsApp being offline for a few hours on Tuesday morning?
There was nothing untoward, the company said, but it was it’s largest-ever service failure.
7. NSW has a new premier. What's notable about Dominic Perrottet's rise to the top job?
8. Which iconic American singer/songwriter is the latest to sell the rights to her music?
It's said to be a very big deal, financially speaking...
9. After another COVID-crazy season, who won the NRL grand final?
They won 14-12 against the Bunnies.
10. Otis won Fat Bear Week for 2021, and it was controversial for some fans. Why?
He was the oldest entrant, and some thought his win was the result of a sympathy vote.
Share your Results:
Get the Squiz Today newsletter
It's a quick read and doesn't take itself too seriously. Get on it.