The Squiz Quiz – 1 April 2021
Get your S’Quiz on with the week’s top 10 questions. See how well you were across the news this week.
1. Which federal minister was this week given the new Cabinet-level portfolio of Women’s Safety?
She’ll be busy as she maintains her job as Families and Social Services minister.
2. What did PM Scott Morrison and other frontbenchers say was Brissie MP Andrew Laming’s penalty after revelations of bullying and inappropriate behaviour?
There were several Liberal women who spoke out about his behaviour this week...
3. Last Saturday was the deadliest for demonstrators in Myanmar since February’s military coup. What was a factor behind that?
Reports say military bosses celebrated behind closed doors despite the escalating violence.
4. Which news business was targeted in an “unprecedented” cyber attack last weekend that is still bedevilling its operations?
Their print and TV news operations nationwide are affected.
5. Whose high profile trial kicked off in the US this week?
The trial is expected to take 2-4 weeks.
6. From this week, Apple’s going to make it easier to do what with the tech giant’s devices?
No, you’re not allowed to message while driving thank you very much…
7. Facebook’s looking to take what from the US to Indonesia?
If given regulatory approval, 2 cables are expected to increase the region’s interwebs capacity by 70%.
8. What sort of full moon helped the massive container ship Ever Given to refloat after getting stuck in the Suez Canal?
Although those affected will be hoping it’s a once in a blue moon event…
9. France has filed the paperwork and gone into bat to have which culinary delight given world heritage status?
Soupe à L'oignon is great. But let’s be honest, no soup should ever be on a world heritage list…
10. Google data was analysed to find who the internet thinks is the world’s sexiest bald man - whose shiny dome reigns supreme?
That got a lot of attention this week…
Share your Results:
If you’ve got feedback or suggestions for The Squiz Quiz, shoot them through to [email protected].