The Squiz Quiz, 13 June 2020
Call yourself a good Squizer? See how well you were across the news this week.
1. Which major sporting event is Australia in the running to host after COVID-19 saw Brazil pull out?
We have joined with New Zealand to make a bid that’s been described as “commercially favourable”. Sexy…
2. Prince Philip turned what age this week?
He and Queen Elizabeth have been spending more time together in the last few months than they have for years, royal watchers say. That must be great…
3. PM Scott Morrison used the ‘C’ word to describe China’s actions towards Australia. For clarity - what word did he use?
“I am never going to trade our values in response to coercion from wherever it comes,” he said.
4. 14yo Will Callaghan was found this week after two nights in the bush in near 0C temperatures. What Victorian landmark was he and his family climbing when he went missing?
It was the best news we’ve heard for a while.
5. Virgin Australia’s administrators have asked for what from the federal government?
So far the Morrison Government has not been interested in extending financial support to Virgin beyond industry-wide support measures.
6. What commonly used dietary supplement might not be doing the job, according to a new study?
These so-called good bacteria don't do much for gut health, a report for the American Gastroenterological Association released this week said.
7. Which COVID-19 stimulus measure will end on 12 July?
Education Minister Dan Tehan said the industry has stabilised with the measure doing its job. But all good things come to an end…
8. 46yo George Floyd, the black man whose death sparked international protests against racism, was laid to rest where this week?
Meanwhile, some of Derek Chauvin’s colleagues have come out against him.
9. Prince Andrew’s legal team said what about US prosecutors' threat to force him to answer questions in their investigation into convicted child abuser Jeffrey Epstein?
He’s offered to assist, his lawyers say, and prosecutors are seeking publicity rather than his help.
10. Which Australian university was this week ranked the highest in the latest QS World University Rankings?
Go ANU. The others made the top 50.
Share your Results:
If you’ve got feedback or suggestions for The Squiz Quiz, shoot them through to [email protected].