The Squiz Quiz – 16 April 2021
Get your S’Quiz on with the week’s top 10 questions. See how well you were across the news this week.
1. Violence flared again near the US city of Minneapolis for what reason?
The police officer was charged for shooting Daunte Wright - she said she meant to use her Taser. And the trial of Derek Chauvin, the former police officer accused of killing George Floyd, is ongoing - it could wrap up next week. So things are tense…
2. Cyclone Seroja inflicted extreme damage in parts of Western Oz this week. Where had it been before crossing the Aussie coastline?
Seroja was responsible for the flash flooding in Timor Leste and Indonesia that killed more than 220 people last week.
3. Which coronavirus vaccine ran into problems with the US medicines regulator this week over issues with blood clots?
It’s similar to the AstraZeneca vaccine, and 6 cases of blood clots from 6.8 million administered doses have been reported in the US - so there’s a pause on its use.
4. Who asked for an apology from PM Scott Morrison this week?
She says her employment contract needs to be resolved after she left under a cloud last year.
5. The company behind Siri was bought by a tech giant this week. Which one?
The plan is to roll it out in the healthcare sector as an artificial intelligence tool for practitioners to transcribe consultations and write up doctors’ recommendations.
6. Which classic Aussie TV show is in involved in a racism row?
Actors Sharon Johal, Shareena Clanton and Meyne Wyatt say they were exposed to racism on set - producers say an investigation is ongoing.
7. Prince Philip died last Friday at 99yo - he was just 2 months shy of his 100th birthday. How long was he married to Queen Elizabeth?
You’d get less for murder...
8. How long is it until the Tokyo Olympic Games? The milestone was marked in Australia and around the world this week...
For realz - the Tokyo Summer Games start on 27 July.
9. Mega container ship the Ever Given has had another bad week - what happened?
The Authority says it needs to pay $1.17 billion in fees before it leaves. Ouch…
10. Ferdinand the Indian Runner Duck from Dapto, NSW entered the history books this week for what reason?
He’s “a soldier”, said the judge…
Share your Results:
If you’ve got feedback or suggestions for The Squiz Quiz, shoot them through to [email protected].