The Squiz Quiz – 18 June 2021
Get your S’Quiz on with the week’s top 10 questions. See how well you were across the news this week.
1. After months of negotiations, what ‘in-principle’ deal was struck between Australia and the UK?
And what better way to discuss free trade than over a dinner of Welsh lamb, Scottish salmon and Aussie wine?
2. This week US runner Shelby Houlihan received a 4-year ban after testing positive for an anabolic steroid. What did she say was to blame?
3. Swimming Australia this week responded to claims of exploitation of female athletes. Who was the Olympic medallist that spoke out?
An independent all-female panel will be convened to review claims.
4. What topic dominated the discussion at this year’s G7 leaders summit?
China didn’t appreciate the attention...
5. A long-standing national leader was sent packing this week after the country’s parliament voted in favour of a new coalition government. Who was bundled out?
After leading the country for 12 years, he needed some help finding his new seat as opposition leader…
6. US President Joe Biden and Russian President Vladimir Putin met in Switzerland this week to start thawing out the relationship. Why are relations between the 2 countries at a low?
As predicted, there were no big breakthroughs, but they are talking...
7. Concussion concerns were front and centre again this week after which rugby league star called it quits?
He played 181 games, won 3 premierships with the Roosters, led NSW to Origin series victories in 2018 and 2019 and became the Kangaroos captain in 2018.
8. Which soccer great contributed to a $5 billion tumble in Coca-Cola’s value?
And all he did was take a couple of bottles of Coke off the table…
9. Which celeb issued a big public apology this week for her online behaviour after she was accused of bullying?
“I was a troll, full stop. And I am so sorry,” she said.
10. Toy giant Mattel honoured which former politician this week by recreating her in Barbie form?
Sorry J-Bish fans, it’s a one-off and will not be put up for sale.
Share your Results:
If you’ve got feedback or suggestions for The Squiz Quiz, shoot them through to [email protected].