The Squiz Quiz – 19 March 2021
Get your S’Quiz on with the week’s top 10 questions. See how well you were across the news this week.
1. What percentage of Papua New Guineans could have the coronavirus according to PM James Marape?
He said the wave of infections is “quite staggering”, and he’s worried that the country “won’t be able to sustain it.”
2. Australia’s PM Scott Morrison responded this week to the unfolding situation in PNG by asking vaccine producer AstraZeneca to do what?
The vaccine’s made in Europe (with some Aussie-made doses coming soon…) but regulators there are making moves to stop it from being exported because of shortages.
3. The rollout of the AstraZeneca vaccine was suspended in several nations this week over concerns about what medical issue arising for some patients?
The European medicine regulator says there is no evidence of a link and the number of patients presenting with blood clots are about what you’d expect in the general community.
4. Russian President Vladimir Putin is [insert term here], according to US President Joe Biden...
Them's fightin’ words…
5. It was reported this week that Chinese e-commerce giant Alibaba has been told by the Chinese Government to divest which of its assets?
And it’s reported it will also need to sell the South China Morning Post because authorities are concerned about the grip the company has on public opinion.
6. Which federal minister represented the Morrison Government at Monday’s March4Justice rally outside Canberra’s Parliament House?
PM Scott Morrison offered to meet with a delegation from the rally in his office, but organisers declined the invitation.
7. Which streaming service is tipped to topple Netflix for number of subscriptions by 2024?
Local provider Stan might be ambitious, but it’s fair to say that’s probably out of its reach…
8. Who broke a significant Grammys record this week?
Bow down to Queen Bey - she became the most awarded singer in Grammys history.
9. Which country should we all be looking to move to after it said it was looking into moving workers to a 4-day working week?
Throw in some tapas and sangria and we’re in.
10. Legendary F1 race caller Murray Walker died last weekend. What were his verbal flourishes known as?
"The lead car is absolutely unique, except for the one behind it which is identical." Ah, good times…
Share your Results:
If you’ve got feedback or suggestions for The Squiz Quiz, shoot them through to [email protected].