The Squiz Quiz – 2 July 2021
Get your S’Quiz on with the week’s top 10 questions. See how well you were across the news this week.
1. China held big celebrations marking what milestone this week?
And Xi was front and centre of celebrations in Beijing on Thursday.
2. This week, PM Scott Morrison said that under 40yos could get access to the AstraZeneca COVID vaccine "if they wish to go and speak to their doctor". Why did that cause controversy and confusion?
It was a pretty messy week...
3. How many Aussies have been subject to COVID lockdowns this week?
Stay at home orders were declared across parts of NSW, Queensland, Western Oz, and the Northern Territory to counter the spread of the Delta strain.
4. NSW Police Commissioner Mick Fuller gave an unusual example of people who have been fined for defying the lockdown order. What was it?
And the Auslan interpreter did an epic job of it…
5. Barnaby Joyce announced his new frontbench team on Sunday. Who was confirmed to have a spot in the Cabinet?
She’s back after her demotion last year over the sports grants scandal. Former leader Michael McCormack didn’t get a ministerial role - he’ll stay on the backbench.
6. And the Deputy PM was in the news this week for what other reason?
“I’ll give you a funny story,” he told Sky News…
7. The quinquennially Intergenerational Report was out this week. It predicts the Federal Budget won’t be back in surplus as a result of the COVID crisis until when?
Just when you were feeling good about the economy…
8. The government of which African country declared a ceasefire in the conflict against an ethnic faction in its northern region?
There were celebrations in the streets after the Tigray People’s Liberation Front (TPLF) took back its capital of Mekelle.
9. Which US company joined the trillion-dollar valuation club this week?
That came after a US court dismissed a big antitrust case where the regulator claimed Facebook was a monopoly that was crushing the competition.
10. Who is behind the company that’s providing Team USA with their Olympic underwear?
It wasn’t a question we’d pondered, but there you go…
If you’ve got feedback or suggestions for The Squiz Quiz, shoot them through to [email protected].