The Squiz Quiz, 2 May 2020
Call yourself a good Squizer? See how well you were across the news this week.
1. What’s the name of the new coronavirus tracking app that was launched by the Federal Government last Sunday night?
And more than 3.5 million of us have downloaded it - the government wants 10 million to sign up.
2. US President Donald Trump was pilloried by medical experts this week for remarks he made about injecting disinfectant as a possible coronavirus treatment. What did he say about it subsequently?
Yep, it was quite a thing this week… And weirdly enough comedian Ricky Gervais made the connection four years ago.
3. A 46yo cook from Kentucky made news this week after filing for unemployment benefits. What famous rapper does he share a name with?
And the 46yo cook was embarrassed when the state governor called him out for being a smartypants.
4. Which Aussie mining magnate helped secure 10 million COVID-19 test kits for Australia from China?
And didn’t that turn into an interesting press conference?
6. Aussie golfing star Adam Scott won plaudits for an act of kindness when he did what?
It was one of the nicest stories of the week.
7. A new study says dogs are good companions to have in the car. Why?
8. Captain Tom Moore, NHS fundraiser extraordinaire, turned 100yo this week. What did he receive?
Never has walking 100 laps of the garden been so successful and heartwarming.
9. Labor MP Mike Kelly stepped down from Federal Parliament this week. Why is it a big deal?
The Morrison Government has a one-seat majority, so any addition to its numbers is a big deal for them. But they’ll be fighting history to take the win.
10. Western Oz Premier Mark McGowan was heckled while briefing the media on Monday. What words were thrown his way?
And it did cause the Premier to crack a smile…
Share your Results:
If you’ve got feedback or suggestions for The Squiz Quiz, shoot them through to [email protected].