The Squiz Quiz – 20 November, 2020
Call yourself a good Squizer? See how well you were across the news this week.
1. Australia’s hardest coronavirus lockdown was implemented where this week?
Officials say they hope it’s just for 6 days…
2. The crowd at this week's series finale State of Origin rugby league match in Brissie was notable for what reason?
There were 52,000 present and lots of green eyes on Queensland from around the world…
3. What ‘green’ initiative did UK PM Boris Johnson back this week?
It’s part of a "green industrial revolution," he said.
4. The Chief of Defence, General Angus Campbell, released the findings of a review into allegations Australian special forces soldiers committed war crimes in what country?
It is a shameful chapter in our military history, General Campbell said.
5. PM Scott Morrison had a quick visit to Tokyo this week. A deal covering what area was progressed with Japan’s PM Yoshihide Suga?
Weirdly enough, pinky swears haven’t made it into mature diplomatic dealings…
6. How much are mental health issues costing Australia a year, according to a Productivity Commission report released this week?
It’s made recommendations for reform which the government says it will respond to by this time next year.
7. Nine Entertainment CEO Hugh Marks announced this week he will be leaving his job to pursue what opportunity?
Yep, that was a thing this week…
8. How did Aussie golfer Cameron Smith make history at the US Masters this week?
The disaster on the 12th hole was Tiger Woods’ experience…
9. Which once beloved restaurant chain closed this week?
But we’ll always have the cheese toast memories…
10. Which famous Christmas tree came up a bit short this year?
That’s 2020 for you…
Share your Results:
If you’ve got feedback or suggestions for The Squiz Quiz, shoot them through to [email protected].