The Squiz Quiz – 22 August 2020
Call yourself a good Squizer? See how well you were across the news this week.
1. Name the former senior member of US President Donald Trump’s campaign and White House team who was arrested on fraud charges this week.
And he’s pleaded not guilty.
2. What is the name of the new political party in the Northern Territory that’s looking to give it a red hot go in the election there this weekend?
Territory Alliance was established earlier this year and is led by the Country Liberal Party’s former bigwig Terry Mills. The others are official parties, just not in the Top End.
3. What happened to the outspoken critic of Russia’s President Vladimir Putin, Alexei Navalny, this week?
The 44yo is unconscious and on an artificial lung ventilator, reports say.
4. How did one restaurant in the Chinese city of Changsha implement President Xi Jinping’s ‘Clean Plates Campaign’?
5. Australian marathon swimmer Chloe McCardel achieved what last Sunday?
Go you good thing. McCardel already holds the longest ratified unassisted ocean swim record - she did 124.4km in 41.5 hours around the Bahamas in 2014
6. Which secretive Australian Government agency debuted on Twitter this week, all personality-guns blazing?
Maybe Wine Australia dropped off a carton to loosen them up a bit…
7. An inquiry this week was told what percentage of coronavirus cases in Victoria’s second wave can be traced back to breaches of the hotel quarantine program?
And 90% come back to a family of four, experts say.
8. Which Australian actress will play Diana in series 5 and 6 of 'The Crown'?
9. Why is wealth manager AMP in the news this week?
It’s due to release its report from the inquiry into the sexual harassment claims.
10. The coronavirus crisis could have an impact on magpies. How?
Just when you thought that magpies in springtime couldn’t get any worse...
Share your Results:
If you’ve got feedback or suggestions for The Squiz Quiz, shoot them through to [email protected].