The Squiz Quiz – 22 January 2020
Get your S’Quiz on with the top 10 questions. See how well you were across the news this week.
1. President Joseph Biden. What’s his middle name?
2. Where did former president Donald Trump go after leaving Washington DC on Wednesday morning?
“Hopefully it's not a long-term goodbye. We'll see each other again," he said as he left the White House.
3. Jack Ma, the big time Chinese tech entrepreneur, has been out of the spotlight for a few months after criticising the government. Where did he show up this week?
Pundits say it was a way back into circulation while also showing humility.
4. Netflix had a big 2020 thanks to the coronavirus crisis. What subscriber growth milestone did it surpass late last year?
And the company is set to break even this year.
5. Which international airline announced it’s stopping flights to Australia after the number of passengers arriving from overseas was reduced over concerns about the new super contagious COVID stain in the UK?
So the Federal Government announced new charter flights for stranded Australians.
6. Legendary manager Chris Murphy died last weekend at 66yo. What iconic Aussie band did he help achieve international success?
He was lauded by Aussie music movers and shakers this week.
7. Emerging term ‘hate-wear’ refers to what?
It’s an important term to use correctly…
8. What would stop our national border opening this year, according to Professor Brendan Murphy, the boss of the Federal Health Department?
Tourism representatives have asked for help to weather the ongoing crisis.
9. India played a stunning final day to win the Test cricket series clincher in Brisbane on Tuesday. What record was broken along the way?
Paine’s performance across the series has put his captaincy under a cloud…
10. It’s claimed that 5 employees of a Sydney salmon processor did what with 250 tonnes of premium fish they allegedly stole in the second half of last year?
That’s a lot of fish…
Share your Results:
If you’ve got feedback or suggestions for The Squiz Quiz, shoot them through to [email protected].