The Squiz Quiz, 25 July 2020
Call yourself a good Squizer? See how well you were across the news this week.
1. Victorian Premier Daniel Andrews this week said he was “very unhappy and very sad” about his fellow citizens breaching what coronavirus guideline?
Andrews says new coronavirus cases will remain where they are while that’s the case.
2. Treasurer Josh Frydenberg revealed Australia recorded a budget deficit of almost $86 billion in the 2019-20 financial year. When was the last time we blew the budget to that extent?
And it’s going to get much worse this current financial year - an expected $184 billion worse…
3. Qantas sent its last Boeing 747 to its retirement in California’s Mojave Desert on Wednesday. What nice touch did it leave us with?
It was accurate too. Who knew you could get a bit emotional about a plane…
4. Which social media founder went a bit OTT with the sunscreen this week?
The internet was not kind…
5. A report into Russian meddling in the UK’s affairs raises concerns about interference in which ballot?
The Johnson Government says it has not seen "evidence of successful interference" in that vote, but says it’s "fully aware of the significant and enduring threat" Russia poses.
6. A wave of coronavirus cases in which African nation could be a “precursor” to a wave of infections across the continent?
South Africa currently has the fifth highest number of confirmed cases worldwide with more than 400,000 infections and a death toll of 5,940. And experts think those numbers are actually much higher.
7. Which music superstar has been hard at work during Covid-19, pouring their “whims, dreams, fears, and musings” into a new album after their plans for 2020 were shot?
"My gut is telling me that if you make something you love, you should just put it out into the world. That's the side of uncertainty I can get on board with," she said before its release.
8. China launched a mission to Mars on Thursday. Which other nation announced lift-off on a trip to the Red Planet earlier in the week?
And NASA is expected to launch its latest mission to Mars on Thursday.
9. After a lot of speculation in recent weeks, the Morrison Government extended the JobKeeper program until when?
A government review found the scheme needed to continue given the coronavirus crisis will reverberate through the economy for some months to come, but it needed to become more targeted.
10. Princess Beatrice and Edoardo Mapelli Mozzi held a surprise micro-wedding last weekend. She wore second-hand clothes (ok, it was a vintage frock from the Queen…). And which special tiara ?
Share your Results:
If you’ve got feedback or suggestions for The Squiz Quiz, shoot them through to [email protected].