The Squiz Quiz – 26 March 2021
Get your S’Quiz on with the week’s top 10 questions. See how well you were across the news this week.
1. Flooding on the NSW Mid North Coast this week is the worst since when?
It lived up to the prediction that it would be a once-in-100-years flood, and it’s not over yet.
2. More disturbing claims were made this week about the treatment of women within our political ranks. What did PM Scott Morrison say would “help everybody”?
The PMs handling of the growing list of sexual assault and gender equality issues was criticised this week following a couple of bumpy encounters with the media.
3. Which state became the latest to pass voluntary assisted dying laws this week?
Victoria and Western Australia are the two states that have already passed the laws.
4. The US, UK, European Union and Canada all announced sanctions against Chinese officials this week over what?
UK Foreign Secretary Dominic Raab said the Uyghurs face “one of the worst human rights crises of our time”.
5. US President Joe Biden’s ‘to-do’ list is growing with what perennial issue added to his agenda this week?
He says he’ll work with Congress on background checks and reform to assault weapon ownership rules following mass shootings in Georgia and Colorado in the last couple of weeks.
6. What category did Australia’s consumer safety regulator call out this week for causing 50 adult hospitalisations a week?
Tumbling TVs are a huge problem, the ACCC said.
7. Australia’s most expensive apartment to ever be sold at auction went under the hammer last weekend. How much did it sell for?
The Bondi Beach apartment is one fancy pad...
8. Which nation was named the happiest by the annual review undertaken by a United Nations agency?
Sadly, Botswana was one of the unhappiest, with that title going to Afghanistan.
9. The Queen’s granddaughter Zara Tindall had her 3rd child this week in an unusual spot for a royal. Where was she?
His name is Lucas Philip, a tribute to Zara’s grandfather.
10. A podcaster named Dan Pashman has done the hard yards to create a new pasta shape that nails ‘sauceability’, ‘forkability’, and what other important attribute?
Give that man a Nobel Prize.
Share your Results:
If you’ve got feedback or suggestions for The Squiz Quiz, shoot them through to [email protected].