The Squiz Quiz – 27 November, 2020
Call yourself a good Squizer? See how well you were across the news this week.
1. Australian-British academic Dr Kylie Moore-Gilbert was released from prison this week after she was convicted of espionage in what country?
"It is with bittersweet feelings that I depart your country, despite the injustices which I have been subjected to,” she said.
2. Soccer legend Diego Maradona died this week from a heart attack at 60yo. What’s the term used to describe the controversial goal he scored in the 1986 World Cup quarter-final against England?
It’s one of football’s most iconic moments.
3. An artwork by which Australian artist broke the record for an Australian painting sold at auction on Thursday?
It sold for $6.136 million
4. Which artist missed out on a Grammy nomination despite successfully releasing new music this year?
It might give him some time to heal…
5. Thailand this week moved on protestors who want to reform the monarchy and dismiss the military-backed government by using what tactic?
But King Maha Vajiralongkorn is an easy target…
6. Did US President Donald Trump concede the election this week?
He’s cleared the way for the Biden transition to happen. As a side note: our favourite Trump headline this week was ‘Lame Duck Pardons Turkey’...
7. Ethiopia’s PM Abiy Ahmed, who is in a dangerous military showdown with forces in the northern region of Tigray, won what prestigious award last year?
Things in Ethiopia are heading towards civil war, experts say.
8. Alan Joyce, the boss of Qantas, floated what travel idea for when a coronavirus vaccine is available?
It caused quite a stir…
9. Who became the world’s third wealthiest person this week?
He dropped a spot with Musk charging up the chart…
10. Which Australian non-scripted entertainment TV show won an International Emmy this week?
Share your Results:
If you’ve got feedback or suggestions for The Squiz Quiz, shoot them through to [email protected].