The Squiz Quiz – 30 April 2021
Get your S’Quiz on with the week’s top 10 questions. See how well you were across the news this week.
1. PM Scott Morrison announced this week that travellers looking to come from India to Australia would be blocked until 15 May. Who is exempt?
Morrison said the decision was based on official health advice with too many travellers from India testing positive to COVID in our hotel quarantine systems.
2. How many Aussies are ‘stranded’ in India who’ve said they want to return?
There are 650 who are considered to be vulnerable, and they will be preferenced when repatriation flights resume.
3. Indigenous people who were part of the Stolen Generations from which jurisdiction are taking the Commonwealth Government to court over unpaid compensation?
Every state has redress schemes in place, but not the NT.
4. ASEAN (Association of Southeast Asian Nations) leaders and foreign ministers met this week - what was top of the agenda?
A plan to end the coup was formulated in Myanmar’s military leader General Min Aung Hlaing’s presence. They said he listened…
5. Melbourne man Richard Pusey was sentenced to 10 months' jail this week for filming Victorian police officers who had been hit by a truck on a freeway last year. How is he able to leave jail in just a few days’ time?
It could be that he remains in custody on other charges.
6. This week Apple released its latest update for iPhone and iPad. Why did it receive a lot of attention?
It’s called App Tracking Transparency and you can easily opt out of apps collecting your data. Ahem Facebook...
7. A World Athletics review panel this week barred American Paralympian Blake Leeper from the Tokyo Olympic Games. Why?
He can appeal and says he plans on competing in the Tokyo Paralympics which kick off on 24 August.
8. Aussie swimming icon John Konrads died on Sunday at 78yo. What event was he best known for?
He set 26 world records for every freestyle event between 200-1500m by the time he was 15yo.
9. Not everyone went home from the Oscars with a gong, including which long-standing loser?
She levelled the record of 8 nominations with no trophy. It didn’t stop her twerking to 1988 hit 'Da Butt'…
10. According to data from dating apps, the ideal partner has what new attribute?
Share your Results:
If you’ve got feedback or suggestions for The Squiz Quiz, shoot them through to [email protected].