The Squiz Quiz, 30 May 2020
Call yourself a good Squizer? See how well you were across the news this week.
1. Hong Kong’s Chief Executive Carrie Lam spoke mid-week about the new security law China’s implementing in the territory. What did she say about it?
Australia has condemned the move.
2. Pop princess Kylie Minogue has put her name on what variety of refreshing drink?
She says it kept her cool while recording in Nashville one summer.
3. Kate, Duchess of Cambridge, was in the news this week with a UK society mag claiming what about her?
The palace rejected the claims made in the piece.
4. A Queensland man has used his time in lockdown to make a whopping big kookaburra for a local cultural festival. To get it on the road, what is it registered as?
It really is quite striking…
5. The COP26 climate meeting will now be delayed until late next year, putting off what important discussion?
It’s a disappointment to those who wanted urgent action with global warming tipped to be greater than the range agreed at the Paris meeting in 2015.
6. What month is tipped for a ‘travel bubble’ to be operational between Australia and New Zealand?
Both our national leaders say that they get people’s anxiousness to get moving again.
7. How many active cases of COVID-19 does Australia currently have?
Yeehaw we’ve crushed the curve…
8. A court this week decided which charitable organisation will benefit from comedian Celeste Barber’s $51.3 million bushfire Facebook fundraiser?
Despite the RFS and Barber wanting to spread the money around, the NSW Supreme Court said it wasn’t possible under the rules.
9. Elon Musk’s SpaceX has its fingers crossed that the launch of its Demo-2 mission will mark what historic event early Sunday morning?
After a launch was abandoned on Thursday morning, it’s fingers crossed for Sunday.
10. Researchers recommended caregivers do what with their fussy-eating kids?
There’s a few parents we know who weren’t too happy with that one...
Share your Results:
If you’ve got feedback or suggestions for The Squiz Quiz, shoot them through to [email protected].