The Squiz Quiz – 6 November, 2020
Call yourself a good Squizer? See how well you were across the news this week.
1. A big election was held in the last week… What happened to the Labor government in Queensland?
The polls tipped a close one, but Premier Annastacia Palaszczuk won her third election convincingly.
2. Another election outcome was settled last weekend. Which parties are involved in governing New Zealand?
PM Jacinda Ardern didn’t need the numbers, but said the Greens could add value in the policy areas of the environment, climate change, and child wellbeing.
3. NSW Premier Gladys Berejiklian made what observation about Melbourne’s lockdown this week?
The border is scheduled to open on 23 November.
4. Ant Group’s launch on the Shanghai and Hong Kong stock exchanges was postponed this week. What was notable about its initial public offering?
Ant hopes to get the show back on the road soon…
5. Australia reported its first '0-new-coronavirus-cases' day on Sunday. What month was the last time that happened?
Team Morrison says it shows we’re on track to open our state/territory borders in time for Chrissy travel.
6. Actor Sean Connery died last weekend aged 90yo. He got 2 tattoos when he was in the Navy as a teen - one was for his mum and dad. What was the other?
The Scot was a firm supporter of Scottish independence from way back.
7. The 'blue wall' of states in America's northeast that fell to US President Donald Trump in 2016 are thought to be heading back into Democrats' hands. Michigan and Wisconsin have been called for Biden. What is the final state in that wall to be declared?
It's a close one...
8. Which royal confirmed they had coronavirus in April but didn’t say anything publicly because they didn’t want to worry anyone?
And then plenty of people worried they weren’t given the opportunity to worry about him…
9. The Attorney-General Christian Porter released the draft legislation for a new Commonwealth Integrity Commission this week. Under the proposal, what won’t it do?
That’s something Labor, the minor parties and some independents want to see.
10. Who won Tuesday’s Melbourne Cup?
Sentimental favourite Prince of Arran finished in the same spot as last year’s race. We would say 'crowd favourite' except there was no crowd...
Share your Results:
If you’ve got feedback or suggestions for The Squiz Quiz, shoot them through to [email protected].