The Squiz Quiz – 8 August 2020
Call yourself a good Squizer? See how well you were across the news this week.
1. Aside from the port itself, what vital piece of infrastructure was at the epicentre of the explosion that devastated Beirut and Lebanon this week?
It’s a blow for Lebanon which is already battling food security problems.
2. What gift did redundant Virgin Australia and Tigerair staff receive when they were shown the departure lounge this week?
It was sad news for the 3,000 staff who were let go.
3. The “rain event” that the Bureau of Meteorology says is hitting the south of Australia is bigger than what?
It’s an event, so dress accordingly…
4. What day did Victorian Premier Daniel Andrews say was the toughest he’s had at the top?
It’s been another tough week for Victoria, and they're not through it yet...
5. NASA astronauts Doug Hurley and Bob Behnken returned to earth on Monday morning having been where?
And it was notable because it was the first crewed mission for Elon Musk’s SpaceX shuttle.
6. Which tech company is in discussions to buy the US, Canadian, Kiwi and Oz operations of Chinese-owned social media juggernaut TikTok?
And reports say they might want to buy more of the company…
7. Who was the latest high profile person to take a swipe at last year’s movie version of 'Cats'?
The original tomcat was not impressed…
8. What did Reserve Bank Governor Philip Lowe say this week about Australia’s economic outlook?
9. Which comedian/US talk show host is under pressure over claims they oversaw a “toxic culture” amongst staff?
It runs contrary to her “be kind” persona…
10. Roger Federer went where for rooftop tennis with some corona-famous girls?
It was a PR play, but done real good.
Share your Results:
If you’ve got feedback or suggestions for The Squiz Quiz, shoot them through to [email protected].