The Squiz Quiz – 8 January 2021
Get your S’Quiz on with the top 10 questions. See how well you were across the news this week.
1. What was happening in the US Congress when Trump supporters stormed the Capitol building?
It was the first time US Capitol had been breached since the British attacked in 1814.
2. And what was the result of the Georgia runoff elections?
It was another historic result bringing a close to an incredible election.
3. Why were World Health Organisation appointed experts denied entry to China this week to start their scientific study into the origins of the coronavirus pandemic?
Aussie Professor Dominic Dwyer wasn’t caught in transit like a couple of his colleagues…
4. WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange had a big week in court in the UK. Where did things land?
You win some, you lose some… either way, the legal wrangling continues.
5. The fear of being without your smartphone - what’s that called?
And 99% of us have some form of it, a new study out this week said. Bathmophobia is a fear of stairs - something we definitely have.
6. Climate activist Greta Thunberg celebrated what notable birthday this week?
She joked that she’s now free to throw off her “evil handlers”...
7. The third Test match is going ahead in Sydney despite recent clusters of coronavirus cases in the city. How many spectators are allowed to attend?
Despite the measures taken, NSW Health Minister Brad Hazzard confessed to feeling nervous about the event…
8. Gerry Marsden, the frontman of 60s Merseyside band Gerry and the Pacemakers, has died. What song of theirs is Liverpool FC’s anthem?
And it’s spine tingling when the crowd sings it…
9. Qantas this week started selling tickets for international flights taking off from when?
But the Government says it has made no decision about when Aussies will be free to fly overseas without a special exemption.
10. This week’s ‘Bean Dad’ social media sensation centred around what common kitchen implement?
Parenting tips + the internet = many opinions…
Share your Results:
If you’ve got feedback or suggestions for The Squiz Quiz, shoot them through to [email protected].