The Squiz Quiz – 9 April 2021
Get your S’Quiz on with the week’s top 10 questions. See how well you were across the news this week.
1. The European Medicines Agency (EMA) this week found that there is the “possibility of very rare cases of blood clots” resulting from the AstraZeneca coronavirus vaccine. What did they advise as a consequence?
Out of 200 million people who have had the vaccine, the number of clot cases is in the hundreds.
2. Under the 2-way trans-Tasman travel bubble, you won’t have to do what on arrival in New Zealand from 19 April?
Good news, eh?
3. China invited journos to a briefing at its Canberra Embassy on what contentious issue?
It was pure propaganda, human rights advocates said.
4. What put former Aussie Post boss Christine Holgate back in the news this week?
The inquiry reports later this month.
5. The weather phenomenon of 2 cyclones colliding is called what?
It is named for Japanese meteorologist Sakuhei Fujiwhara.
6. Our women’s cricket team broke what Australian record this week?
They are currently Australia’s most successful sporting team.
7. Aussie sports legend Tommy Raudonikis died this week at 70yo from cancer. In what sport did he make his name?
He was remembered as a tough player, passionate advocate, and legendary larrikin.
8. Which international royal wore a Carla Zampatti gown for an official portrait?
And she looked splendid. Zampatti died last weekend at 78yo after a fall.
9. What’s a ‘shacket’?
What will they think of next?
10. There’s a new ‘right’ way to make a cup of tea depending on what issue with your water?
You can get the new tea making tips here…
Share your Results:
If you’ve got feedback or suggestions for The Squiz Quiz, shoot them through to [email protected].