The Squiz Quiz – 9 July 2021
Get your S’Quiz on with the week’s top 10 questions. See how well you were across the news this week.
1. This week, officials said they would temporarily suspend search efforts for those missing after the Champlain Towers South apartment partially collapsed. Why?
The approach of a tropical storm made things particularly urgent.
2. The Vatican indicted 10 people over an international financial scandal this week. Which high-ranking cleric is due to stand trial?
It’s to do with a real estate investment in London involving hundreds of millions of dollars.
3. Software supplier Kaseya became the latest victim of what experts believe was one of the broadest ransomware attacks on record. Who’s believed to be behind the attack?
Authorities believe it’s the same mob behind the recent attack on JBS Foods.
4. Which big-name company topped a Roy Morgan list of Australia’s most-trusted brands for 2021?
As for the least-trusted, Amazon and Rio Tinto made the bottom 10 for the first time. Ouch.
5. More than 1,000 Afghan troops fled to Tajikistan as the Taliban seized territory from government forces. What are leaders worried about?
The Islamist militants now control about a third of the country’s nearly 400 districts.
6. Which country has had great success trialling a 35-hour work week?
No wonder it’s the 2nd happiest country in the world...
7. Radio veterans Kyle Sandilands and Jackie ‘O’ Henderson took Sydney’s #1 breakfast radio spot, dethroning which station?
It had held the title for almost 2 decades.
8. Tech giant Samsung expects its earnings for April-June to jump by 53%. Why?
There’s a global semiconductor chip shortage that’s affecting many industries.
9. Why was a ‘state of siege’ declared in Haiti?
President Jovenel Moïse had been the nation’s leader since 2017.
10. This week, Prince Charles revealed some of his favourite songs. Which artist/band is on the list?
He said their song ‘Givin’ Up, Givin’ In’ gives him an “irresistible urge to get up and dance”. How’s that for an image…
Share your Results:
If you’ve got feedback or suggestions for The Squiz Quiz, shoot them through to [email protected].