The Squiz Quiz – 9 October 2020
Call yourself a good Squizer? See how well you were across the news this week.
1. Our Federal Budget released by Treasurer Josh Frydenberg this week confirmed what record-sized deficit will be delivered this financial year?
It’s our national debt that’s expected to peak at almost $1 trillion in 2024.
2. What’s the name of the diplomatic gathering Australia’s Foreign Minister Marise Payne attended in Tokyo this week?
Or the Quadrilateral Security Dialogue, to be precise. And China was on their minds…
3. For Queensland to open its borders for residents across NSW, how many days does it need to go with no cases of locally-transmitted COVID-19?
Which NSW Premier Gladys Berejiklian says is a silly approach after NSW recorded its first local cases in almost 2 weeks.
4. What was the guitar technique made famous by rock god Eddie Van Halen?
His prowess was remembered this week following his death at 65yo on Tuesday.
5. Good news for Aussie tennis star Ash Barty this week as she retains the world #1 ranking going into 2021. Who was the last Aussie player to do that?
6. In case you hadn’t heard, US President Donald Trump has the coronavirus… What did he say on his return to the White House after a 3-night stay in hospital?
Please select 4 correct answers
Supporters liked his message to “get out there” and “don’t let it dominate you”. Critics were horrified he ditched his mask so soon after his discharge.
7. Ugandan athlete Joshua Cheptegei this week broke the men’s 10,000 metre record (which we think is 10km…) by 6 seconds, finishing in 26 minutes, 11 seconds. What was controversial about it?
The footwear has been approved by World Athletics.
8. The World Health Organisation said the true number of global infections of COVID-19 since the pandemic started is likely to be what?
It’s worried about the threat to the remaining 90%.
9. Which French territory voted to remain under its administration last weekend?
The next vote for independence can take place in 2022.
10. Which song was used as a “cruel” tactic to torment prisoners in Oklahoma?
The prison guards have been charged.
Share your Results:
If you’ve got feedback or suggestions for The Squiz Quiz, shoot them through to [email protected].