The Squiz Quiz, 9 May 2020
Call yourself a good Squizer? See how well you were across the news this week.
1. What accessory did French President Emmanuel Macron rock this week?
Masks are now mandatory on public transport and in schools in France. Wish it was the AirPods though…
3. NRL side the Melbourne Storm received a frosty welcome in Albury, NSW as they headed out of Victoria to start training. What’s the council’s problem?
But it’s a friendly town otherwise…
4. An explanation was offered this week for why 47yo truck driver Mohinder Singh swerved across lanes on a Melbourne freeway hitting and killing four police officers. What was it?
Reports also say two ice pipes were seized from his truck and home, but police have not confirmed this.
5. Which big horse race was cancelled this week only to be replaced by a turtle race?
And in an exciting finish, What The Turtleneck pipped Galapa-Go at the post...
6. Who resigned from Federal Parliament this week to force a by-election?
The 60yo military veteran was well-regarded Labor MP around the corridors of power. The other three were all Coalition starters to run in the by-election, until they weren’t…
7. Golfer Tiger Woods was asked what advice he would give a young Tiger if he could. What was his answer?
8. Which South American country this week accused America of plotting to bring down the government?
US President Donald Trump said the government knew nothing about a raid that included former US soldiers. Venezuelan President Nicolas Maduro thinks differently…
9. A father-son duo are accused of pulling a scam on a group of Queenslanders with what common interest?
And Bruce Jenkins and his son Brett have each been charged with more than 200 fraud offences after it’s alleged they took almost $400,000 by promoting fake line dancing events and trips.
10. Banksy’s latest art offering is a tribute to whom?
And it’s a good ‘un.
Share your Results:
If you’ve got feedback or suggestions for The Squiz Quiz, shoot them through to [email protected].