2 October 2021
5.05pm – Rugby Championship – Australia v Argentina – Gold Coast
Birthdays for musician Don McLean (1945), photographer Annie Leibovitz (1949) and musician Sting (1951)
• Rome becoming Italy’s capital after the country’s unification (1870)
• the publication of Beatrix Potter’s children’s classic The Tale of Peter Rabbit (1902)
• the first comic strip featuring Charlie Brown which would later become Peanuts (1950)
• the Warsaw Uprising by Polish resistance fighters which saw some 250,000 people killed (1944)
• the murder of writer Jamal Khashoggi (2018)
The Squiz Today
Your shortcut to being informed, we've got your news needs covered.
Also Making News
Get the Squiz Today newsletter
Quick, agenda-free news that doesn't take itself too seriously. Get on it.