20 May 2022
Company AGMs – AMP; Invocare
Malcolm X Day – US
Birthdays for singer Cher (1946) and journalist Louis Theroux (1970)
• the first publication of Shakespeare’s Sonnets (1609)
• Levi Strauss and Jacob Davis patenting the first blue jeans (1873)
• Saudi Arabia gaining independence from Great Britain (1927)
• Sukarno becoming the first President of Indonesia (1963)
• East Timor gaining independence (2002)
• Venezuelan President Nicolás Maduro winning a 2nd term in an election marred by boycotts and accusations of vote-rigging (2018)
Know someone who'd be interested in this story? Click to share...
The Squiz Today
Your shortcut to being informed, we've got your news needs covered.
Also Making News
Get the Squiz Today newsletter
Quick, agenda-free news that doesn't take itself too seriously. Get on it.