28 June 2022
9.15pm (AEST) – Wimbledon – Nick Kyrgios and Alex de Minaur take the court for their first-round matches
Disgraced British socialite Ghislaine Maxwell sentenced – New York
ABS Data Release – 2021 Census
SHOUT AWAY ITS CAPS LOCK DAY
Birthdays for director Mel Brooks (1926), actors Kathy Bates (1948) and John Cusack (1966), and SpaceX/Tesla boss and ‘technoking’ Elon Musk (1971)
• Catherine the Great declaring herself sovereign ruler of Russia (1762)
• the coronation of Queen Victoria in Westminster Abbey (1838)
• the patenting of the saxophone by Antoine-Joseph “Adolfe” Sax (1846)
• the last stand of the Kelly Gang at Glenrowan (1880)
• the assassination of Franz Ferdinand, Archduke of Austria (1914)
• the signing of the Treaty of Versailles, ending WWI and establishing the League of Nations (1919)
• the start of the Stonewall Riots (lasting 3 days) in Greenwich Village, New York (1969)
Know someone who'd be interested in this story? Click to share...
The Squiz Today
Your shortcut to being informed, we've got your news needs covered.
Also Making News
Get the Squiz Today newsletter
Quick, agenda-free news that doesn't take itself too seriously. Get on it.