6 September 2021
From 9.00am (AEST) – Sky News Australia boss Paul Whittaker, Former PM Kevin Rudd and others appear before the Senate media diversity inquiry – Canberra
10.45am (AEST) – Treasurer Josh Frydenberg to address the Australian National University Crawford Leadership Forum – Canberra
Start of Women’s Health Week (until 13 September)
A birthday for actor Idris Elba (1972)
• Ferdinand Magellan’s Spanish expedition aboard the Vitoria returning to Spain becoming the first to circumnavigate the earth (1522)
• the Mayflower departing Plymouth, England for the New World (1620)
• the first supermarket, the Piggly Wiggly, being opened in Memphis, Tennessee (1916)
• the premiere of TV sitcom The Brady Bunch (1969)
• the funeral of Princess Diana (1997)
• the deaths of opera great Luciano Pavarotti (2007), actor Burt Reynolds (2018) and former Zimbabwean dictator Robert Mugabe (2019)
The Squiz Today
Your shortcut to being informed, we've got your news needs covered.
Also Making News
Get the Squiz Today newsletter
Quick, agenda-free news that doesn't take itself too seriously. Get on it.