Squiz The Day – Thursday, 15 July 2021
12.30pm – Telstra CEO Andy Penn addresses the National Press Club – Canberra
ABS Data Release – Labour Force, June
• the discovery of the Rosetta Stone, which was the key to deciphering Egyptian hieroglyphs (1799)
• the birthdays of Dutch painter Rembrandt (1606) and British suffragette Emmeline Pankhurst (1858)
• the founding of the Boeing Company (1916)
• Honky Chateau becoming Elton John’s first No. 1 album in the US (1972)
• the divorce of Prince Charles and Princess Diana (1996)
• the killing of Gianni Versace at the front of his home in Miami (1997)
The Squiz Today
Your shortcut to being informed, we've got your news needs covered.
Also Making News
Get the Squiz Today newsletter
Quick, agenda-free news that doesn't take itself too seriously. Get on it.