Squiz the Day – 18 June 2021
ABS Data Release – Australian National Accounts: Distribution of Household Income, Consumption and Wealth, 2019-20
International Sushi Day
Sir Paul McCartney’s birthday (1942)
• the Battle of Waterloo, which saw Napoleon defeated by Britain (1815)
• Amelia Earhart becoming the first woman to fly across the Atlantic Ocean (1928)
• the UN Commission on Human Rights adopting the International Declaration of Human Rights (1948)
• Sally Ride becoming the first US woman in space (1983)
Birthdays for Aung San Suu Kyi (1945), Salman Rushdie (1947), Boris Johnson (1964) and Paul Dano (1984)
• the first celebration of Father’s Day in Washington state (1910)
• the British Royal Family renouncing its German names and titles and adopting the name of Windsor (1917)
• The Rocky Horror Picture Show musical debuting in London (1973)
• Garfield, created by Jim Davis, first appearing as a comic strip (1978)
World Refugee Day
Birthdays for Brian Wilson (1942), Lionel Richie (1949) and Nicole Kidman (1967)
• Queen Victoria ascending the British throne at 18yo following the death of her uncle King William IV (1837)
• Samuel Morse patenting his telegraph (1840)
• the premiere of Steven Spielberg’s Jaws (1975)
Know someone who'd be interested in this story? Click to share...
The Squiz Today
Your shortcut to being informed, we've got your news needs covered.
Also Making News
Get the Squiz Today newsletter
Quick, agenda-free news that doesn't take itself too seriously. Get on it.