Squiz the Day
First meeting of PM Scott Morrison’s new women’s taskforce of Cabinet
Birthdays for Paul Rudd (1970) and Zach Braff (1975)
• the establishment of Cape Colony, the first European settlement in South Africa (1652)
• the arrest of Oscar Wilde for gross indecency (1895)
• Americans Robert Peary & Matthew Henson becoming the first to reach the North Pole (1909)
• the US declaring war on Germany, entering World War I (1917)
• ABBA winning Eurovision with Waterloo, launching their international career (1974)
• the beginning of the Bosnian War (1992)
• the beginning of the Rwandan genocide after the aircraft carrying President Juvénal Habyarimana is shot down (1994)
• the divorce of Heidi Klum and Seal (2012)
The Squiz Today
Your shortcut to being informed, we've got your news needs covered.
Also Making News
Get the Squiz Today newsletter
Quick, agenda-free news that doesn't take itself too seriously. Get on it.