Squiz the day
ABS Data Release – Counts of Australian Businesses, including Entries and Exits, July 2016 – June 2020
Shrove (Fat) Tuesday, or Mardi Gras. It’s the culmination of the Carnival season in many countries across the world
Birthdays for Cathy Freeman (1973) and The Weeknd (1990)
• Pope Gregory the Great decreeing “God bless You” as the correct response to a sneeze (600)
• he first known cheque written for £400 (1659)
• Howard Carter discovering Egyptian Pharaoh Tutankhamun’s tomb and sarcophagus (1923)
• former North Korean leader Kim Jon-il’s birthday (1941)
• Fidel Castro becomes the 16th Prime Minister of Cuba after overthrowing Fulgencio Batista (1959)
• the Kyoto Protocol coming into force following its ratification by Russia (2005)
Chin chin… If you read the email every day, you’ll go into the draw to win a $100 gift card from Dan Murphy’s.
The Squiz Today
Your shortcut to being informed, we've got your news needs covered.
Also Making News
Get the Squiz Today newsletter
Quick, agenda-free news that doesn't take itself too seriously. Get on it.