Squiz the day
ABS Data Release – Counts of Australian Businesses, including Entries and Exits, July 2016 – June 2020
Shrove (Fat) Tuesday, or Mardi Gras. It’s the culmination of the Carnival season in many countries across the world
Birthdays for Cathy Freeman (1973) and The Weeknd (1990)
• Pope Gregory the Great decreeing “God bless You” as the correct response to a sneeze (600)
• he first known cheque written for £400 (1659)
• Howard Carter discovering Egyptian Pharaoh Tutankhamun’s tomb and sarcophagus (1923)
• former North Korean leader Kim Jon-il’s birthday (1941)
• Fidel Castro becomes the 16th Prime Minister of Cuba after overthrowing Fulgencio Batista (1959)
• the Kyoto Protocol coming into force following its ratification by Russia (2005)
Chin chin… If you read the email every day, you’ll go into the draw to win a $100 gift card from Dan Murphy’s.
Know someone who'd be interested in this story? Click to share...
The Squiz Today
Your shortcut to being informed, we've got your news needs covered.
Also Making News
Get the Squiz Today newsletter
Quick, agenda-free news that doesn't take itself too seriously. Get on it.